Reporting to: Director of Quality
Wipac Technology Limited is Europe’s leading automotive lighting designer and manufacturer for the luxury and supercar markets. We supply headlamps and rear lamps for many of the world’s most iconic car brands. Wipac has grown significantly in recent years and was sold to a large Chinese corporation Anrui Optoelectronics at the end of 2019. Anrui have a strong desire to invest significantly and continue to grow their share of the European and North American automotive lighting markets. Wipac is focussed on its transformation to be a world-class manufacturer and as such wants to attract the best individuals who have the drive and commitment to contribute to the positive change of the business.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Develop and sustain the Quality Management System in line with the required industry standards, accreditation requirements and business requirements across the organisation through existing and new procedures. Regulate, control and improve the quality of all processes throughout the business and the final product. Manage the audit program to ensure that all nonconformities raised against certification bodies during audits are effectively corrected and independently verified. Embed a culture of continuous improvement throughout the Company. Lead the team to achieve quality management system targets for customers and business goals.
- To lead Quality Systems governance for the Wipac future state QMS and to continually improve and develop the integration of the processes, team and business to support performance delivery.
- Using the process approach and continuing to innovate to meet changing internal, external interested parties and automotive Premium sector OE customers.
- Continue the development of the auditing processes including Procedural processes, Process and layered audit processes following visual management principals including Kamishibai
- Highly motivated, tenacious and able to challenge the current situation.
- Working under pressure to meet deadlines with excellent coaching, communication, team working and negotiation skills while judging the business needs.
- Interpreting these into appropriate processes, procedures, documentation and measures to drive the process based approach to the business.
- Excellent problem solving ability using appropriate team members, range of tools and analytical methods to review, coach and successfully achieve robust 8D resolutions within team based problem solving activity.
Key competence and experience:
- Five years experience working in a similar position and experienced in application within a Quality engineering position for medium sized automotive tier 1 supplier encompassing design and development through to deployment within a program management structure.
- Thorough working knowledge of the application of core tools and complete understanding of APQP within program management processes
- Successfully lead, develop and deploy an integrated process based QMS delivering key business performance targets and achieve certification to:
- IATF 16949
- ISO 9001 :2015
- VDA 6.3.
Qualified to a lead auditor level with proven ability to train internal auditors and develop an evolving integrated audit plan to optimise audit processes and review multiple customer, regulatory requirements to applicable standards.
Advantage skills and experience
Experience of the following
- Injection moulding
- Assembly techniques
- Torque control
- Visual assessment
- Kamishibai audit development
Education and training
- Degree level or equivalent technical education
- Lead auditor certificated to relevant standards
- Formal problem solving training
- Core tools training
- Program management
- Recognised training qualification
- Member of Quality related industry body