Reporting to: Metrology and Conformance Manager
Wipac Technology Limited is Europe’s leading automotive lighting designer and manufacturer for the luxury and supercar markets. We supply headlamps and rear lamps for many of the world’s most iconic car brands. Wipac has grown significantly in recent years and was sold to a large Chinese corporation Anrui Optoelectronics at the end of 2019. Anrui have a strong desire to invest significantly and continue to grow their share of the European and North American automotive lighting markets. Wipac is focused on its transformation to be a world-class manufacturer and as such wants to attract the best individuals who have the drive and commitment to contribute to the positive change of the business.
Scope: Measurement using CMM or 3D scanners as directed by the Metrology Manager on either full assemblies or on molded child parts and sub-assemblies.
- Metrology Technicians will be responsible for running programmes and reporting on their output. They do not make judgements but give advice on measurement related activities unless given leave by the Metrology Manager.
- They are to ensure programmes are run without error and that reports are issued once they are satisfied the report is without error.
Summary of Duties:
The Technician will:-
- Run programmes as instructed and review the operation of the equipment.
- Correct the running of the programme as instructed.
- Print the report and issue once they have reviewed and are happy it is correct.
Primary duties: (This form part of your normal day to day tasks).
- Calibration of measurement equipment at defined frequency.
- Measure as per the issued schedule.
- Issue report as soon as reviewed.
- Delivery the report by suitable means to the person requesting the measurement or to the Production section.
- Return the measured parts to person requesting measurement.
- Tidy away fixtures and equipment.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance engineers on any serial parts out of specification.
These duties and responsibility may be changed as required.
In carrying out these duties and responsibilities they will be supported by the Management team and the quality department and staff at Wipac Technology Ltd.
Health & Safety: The Metrology Technician must take care at all times to comply with the Company’s health & safety policy.
Housekeeping: To maintain high levels of housekeeping in all areas for which the job holder is responsible.