Reporting to: Operational Quality Leader/Quality Director
Wipac Technology Limited is Europe’s leading automotive lighting designer and manufacturer for the luxury and supercar markets. We supply headlamps and rear lamps for many of the world’s most iconic car brands. Wipac has grown significantly in recent years and was sold to a large Chinese corporation Anrui Optoelectronics at the end of 2019. Anrui have a strong desire to invest significantly and continue to grow their share of the European and North American automotive lighting markets. Wipac is focussed on its transformation to be a world-class manufacturer and as such wants to attract the best individuals who have the drive and commitment to contribute to the positive change of the business.
Responsible for delivering the Quality strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, optimising production quality levels and supporting operational excellence.
- Highly self-motivated, able to challenge current state
- Tenacious, resilient, able to hold own point of in team environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to communicate and build relationships from sop floor to director level
- Driven, passionate about quality
- Responsible for personal time and performance management
Key Competences and experience:
- Five years (min) in a similar role, within an OEM or Tier one automotive supplier
- Strong demonstrable problem solving skills (8D, PPS and advanced problem solving)
- Inspection / QE background able to use measurement equipment, understand technical drawings (GD & T)
- Sector product and process knowledge
- Significant competence with APQP and PPAP implementation
- Continuous improvement mentality (6 sigma green belt) / lean manufacturing experience
- IATF 16949 auditing experience essential (VDA optional)
- Led transformation quality improvement activities
- Customer relationship management with Premium OEM customers
- Managed small teams
- Built in quality experience
- Microsoft Office predominantly Excel, PowerPoint. Minitab experience
- Desirable technical degree, minimum HNC
- Experience of maintaining procedures and processes to the IAFT16949 standard, ensuring compliance to UK legal and customer specifications and standards.
- Knowledge and experience of VDA6.3 would be an advantage.
- Excellent leadership and man-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross –functional team members.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentations skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision-making.
- Commercially aware
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5.
- Significant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects, review and communicate the impact on Quality activities.
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance.
- Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies.
- Respond to customer complaints putting in containment actions, full analysis, poka-yokes (error proofing), and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures.
- Champion a programme for the implementation and sustainment of a continuous improvement culture.
- Update quality documentation and communicate any carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns in new customer contracts.
- Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all customer requirements and audits.
- Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate.
- Undertake internal and process audits of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Management of the Quality team in the sign-off of parts and the resolution of internal/external quality concerns.
- Establish and refine quality sign-off instructions, standards and documentation.
- Report against agreed quality metrics on a monthly basis.
- Lead regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving quality.
- Attend various meeting and action/communicate instructions.
- Produce written reports and make presentations.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Develop, Implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Ensure the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.