Reporting to: Quality Assurance Manager
Wipac Technology Limited is Europe’s leading automotive lighting designer and manufacturer for the luxury and supercar markets. We supply headlamps and rear lamps for many of the world’s most iconic car brands. Wipac has grown significantly in recent years and was sold to a large Chinese corporation Anrui Optoelectronics at the end of 2019. Anrui have a strong desire to invest significantly and continue to grow their share of the European and North American automotive lighting markets. Wipac is focussed on its transformation to be a world-class manufacturer and as such wants to attract the best individuals who have the drive and commitment to contribute to the positive change of the business.
- Assessment of product In-Line and End-Of-Line (EOL) visual inspection failures across all manufacturing lines;
- Categorising failure modes
- Feedback issues to manufacturing.
- Raising Quality Alerts and ensuring follow through with manufacturing.
- Analysis of customer warranty returns.
- Analysis of customer Goods In rejected products.
- Inspection of outgoing material when required.
- Collect non-conforming material from customer when required.
- Product audits.
- Control on non-conforming parts. Manage scrap/rework as required.
- Maintain 5S standards.
- Provide detailed and accurate analysis reports.
- Management / training of EOL Inspectors.
Qualifications and/or Experience Required
- Good written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Understanding of visual inspection and sorting of finished products essential.
- Experience of working in Quality Assurance.
- A valid driving licence.
- Basic quality problem solving knowledge, e.g., 5 Why’s, Fishbone
- BTEC/HNC in an Engineering discipline